|Degree||University||Start date||End date||GPA|
|Scientific Baccalaureate, Option Mathematics and Bilingual||Lycée International de Ferney-Voltaire||09.2010||07.2013|
|Bachelor of Science in Economics||HEC Faculty, University of Lausanne||09.2013||07.2016||5.0/6|
|Master of Science in Actuarial Science||HEC Faculty, University of Lausanne||09.2016||07.2018||5.2/6|
|Specialized Master in Big Data and Data Science||Telecom Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris||09.2018||04.2020||17.02/20|
- 07.2019 - Present: Data Scientist Intern, Anasen
- Anasen is a Y-Combinator data platform
- Created innovative algorithms for automated String Transformations Understanding from examples using tree-based structures and genetic algorithms. Worked with back-end and front-end engineers, R&D, end-users.
- Python, Algorithm optimisation, Natural Language Processing
- 03.2019 - 07.2019: Data Scientist Intern, Veamly (Part time)
- Veamly is a productivity application gathering information of several channels in a single feed
- Designed and implemented a Semantic Similarity Search Engine for the search function of the application. I also implemented Bert for next sentence prediction.
- Python, Search Engine, Hierarchical Embedding, BERT, Transformers
- 09.2018 - 05.2019: Deep Learning Research Project, Telecom Paris
- Research project over 9 months in group of 4 with the French Employment Agency
- Research project for the French employment center on multimodal emotion recognition for Text, Sound and Video. Built deep learning pipelines for real time emotion recognition, deployed the work on a platform. Worked with the French employment agency to propose this platform as an interview training platform for job-seeking candidates.
- Supervisor: Chloé Clavel, Affective Computive Associate Professor
- Python, NLTK, Keras, Tensorflow, Flask, HTML, CSS
- 02.2018 - 08.2018: Non-life Actuary Intern, Vaudoise Insurance
- Vaudoise Insurance is a large private insurance company in Switzerland
- Redesign of a private Accident Insurance product. Statistical analysis, anomaly detection, product pricing (MLE, robustness tests, profit testing, simulations)
- R, VBA, Tableau
- 02.2019 - Present: Freelance Data Scientist
- Created my freelance activity (writing, teaching, building models…)
- 09.2019: Hackathon Winner, MedikHub
- Winner of the 2019 « Hubs as a service » Hackathon in Paris.
- Developed a mobile medical service for rural areas, a booking platform and a pre-diagnosis tool using NLP. Won a 5’000 euros prize.
- 04.2018: Finalist, Start Lausanne
- Finalist of the Start Lausanne contest (4th position)
- Developed a mobile application concept for car sharing
- 05.2016 - 03.2018: Founder of Wanago
- Crowdfunding platform specialized for van acquisition.
- Up to 5 collaborators on the project
- 03.2016: Finalist and Jury prize winner, Start Lausanne
- Jury Prize winner of the Entrepreneurial Contest Start Lausanne after a 6 months competition among 65 startups, with 5’000 Swiss Francs prize.
- 11.2019: Data Science Instructor, Dakar Institute of Technology
- Dakar Institute of Technology is an AI school in Dakar, Senegal
- I gave 3 weeks of courses in Data Engineering and Deep Learning
- 10.2019: Machine Learning Instructor, Stat4Decision
- Stat4Decision is a consulting and training company
- I provided 3 days intensive trainings « Python for Data Science » in the banking industry.
- My intervention recieved the grade of 9/10 from participants
- 02.2019 - Present: Data Science Instructor, Vivadata
- Vivadata is a 10-weeks intensive AI bootcamp in Paris
- Created course supports and gave over 35 lessons on Stats, ML, DL and Data engineering.
- 02.2017 - 03.2018: Student Assistant in Public Finance, Institut de Hautes Etudes en Administation Publique (20%)
- Idheap is the leading institue in Switzerland for public policy/finance studies
- Assisting Pr. Soguel and PhDs in tasks such as course support update, data base cleaning and updating
- 09.2016 - 02.2017: Student Assistant in Corporate Finance, HEC Lausanne (40%)
- Assisting Pr. Nikolov in creation and correction of exercises, answering student’s questions in my office weekly, correcting problem sets in class and correcting exams.
- 09.2019 - Present: AI Writer, Stat4Decision
- Contributing to Stat4Decision’s blog in French
- Ex: Natural Language Processing
- 08.2019 - Present: Editorial Associate, TowardsDataScience
- Working part-time on AI articles review and content creation.
- 03.2019 - Present: AI Writer, Explorium
- Applied projects on data enrichment
- Ex: Predicting the next hit song
- 09.2018 - Present: Blog Writer, maelfabien.github.io
- I started writing a data science blog in which I share articles (over 100 so far) and tutorials on Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Data Engineering and detailed projects from scratch.
- Daily user:
- ML Libraries (Sk-learn, Scipy, OpenCV, NLTK)
- Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch)
- UNIX environment
- Frequent user:
- AWS / GCP
- Flask, HTML, CSS
- Matlab, R
- Used in several projects:
- Spark (PySpark, Scala), Hadoop
- Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J
- ElasticSearch, Kibana
- French (Mother Tongue)
- English (C2, Bilingual Baccalaureate)
- German (B2)
- ML and Data Science
- Sports (Fitness, running, hiking)
- Travel (South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Greenland)
Articles related to Wanago :
- Ouest France
- Campingcar Le Site
- Esprit Campingcar
- Quimper Ma Ville
- Camp US
- Innovation Time
- Planet Ride
- Since 2015 : Fitness, Running, Hiking
- 2013 - 2015 : Swiss National League B, Volleyball, SSO Genève
- 2012 - 2013 : Under 19 Swiss Finals, Volleyball, Lausanne University Club
- 2010 : Rhône-Alpes Champion (44m), Javelin throw
- 2009 : Rhône-Alpes Champion (34m), Javelin Throw
- 2008 - 2010 : Handball Sport section